I wrote to Hermes to ask if they would let me have a few samples of their new, and very expensive, Hermessence line.
I didn’t hear anything from them but guess what arrived two weeks later? Six large 4mm samples in lovely Hermès cardboard envelopes.
Thank you Hermès! Very generous!
I thoroughly enjoyed the samples.
I was given:
- Poivre Samarcande, A wonderful peppery fragrance which keeps me going back to my wrist to sniff it! My favorite!
- Rose Ikebana, very good rose perfume, my second favorite. It doesn’t seem to last very long on my skin though. But it is lovely
- Vanille Galante, Now I don’t like Vanilla nor gourmand, so i liked this one less, but if you are into these you should give this one a try!
- Paprika Brasil, very nice, very spicey, tickles my nose a bit. unsual and enjoyable. In the drydown I get something vaguely sunthetic on my skin which I don’t like very much.
- Brin the Reglisse, very original and a joy to experience. Although very unusual, not what most people expect from a fragrance, I would wear it a lot were it not for the liquorice note which I personally ahve a problem with.
- Ambre Narguilé, I did not get the amber in this, While it is very interesting, and warm and comfortable, I smell a lot of vanilla, and I don’t like Vanilla.
I am very grateful to be given the opportunity to experience these very special Ellena compositions.