I have been mulling this over a long time, all those religious weirdos… what sends them ticking? With the recent commotion one of Bedu’s posts, it has again become abundantly clear that, although following the same religion, different people can have almost opposite opinions. I used sometimes to think religions make people nuts, or some religions are more insane as others… But that is not really the point.
It’s the humans!
I’m convinced there is a certain percentage of the human species who are not actually certifiable, but definitely wacko in a specific way. Religion has nothing to do with it, religion is a handy handle and holds a particular attraction for this percentage of deranged nutters.
On the whole I don’t mind what people do, they can be as deranged as they like, as long as you don’t hurt others. But that is exactly the point: these kind of lunatics are the ones responsible for the greatest evils committed on the planet. I don’t believe in the devil, or demons, or jinn, or ”the evil eye”. We have no need of them, we as humans can breed and spread more evil than is imaginable. Evil starts in the mind of those who have no real feelings, no empathy for the suffering of others, who think they are above the rest of humanity, and who can see only a very small portion of the world.
It’s these kind of humans who end up as nazi-camp-guards, witch-hunters and those who brainwash and send out suicide-bombers.
So I’ll call them ”witch-hunters” for the rest of this article. They are the ones who can easily live with causing innumerable deaths and sufferings, because ”God wants it” ”It’s all for the cause”, ”Some people will have to be sacrificed” and ”I only followed orders”
I am not kidding, I think we, the ”normal” part of humanity are not aware enough how evil will escalate if such deranged people are given any power. We should be ever vigilant not to let the soulless witch-hunters get any foothold. I don’t mean get rid of them, but they should be kept on a short leash.
We know how many millions the nazi’s killed, The medieval witch-hunts are estimated to have cost millions of deaths, mainly women. This is evil on an un-imaginable scale!
Ok, how to recognise a potentially dangerous witch-hunter:
I have noticed an astounding list of similarities, no matter what the religion (or atheïsm) these people are attracted too, which makes me think there is something in the mindset rather than religion as such. They all show the same symptoms, use the same expressions, the same language.
A witch hunter will show several of the following symptoms:
- A witch hunter likes to follow an absolute ideology
- At some point they ”have seen the light” they become ”Born Again Christians” or ”Revert Salafi Muslims”, ”Neo-Nazi’s” or, in rare cases; ”Absolute Atheists”
- They may have had a very wild past which they now need to wipe out by going to the other extreme.
- Once they have decided on the ideology to follow they immerse themselves completely, but not in a spiritual sense, they are completely obsessed with texts, and follow those texts to the letter
- If a text needs explaining they do so in the most absolute and unpleasant manner
- They don’t like women, even if they are women themselves. Women get harsher, more strict rules to live by, more dress restrictions, and more severe punishments.
- They show no real compassion to others outside their circle, moreover, all rules of decency and correct behaviour don’t count for anybody outside their own circle.
- they congregate in these little ”circles” or ”covens” and strengthen each other in their vanity, screwed perceptions and callousness.
- they never stop to contemplate ”meaning”, ”substance” or ”intention”, they feel safe when only looking at the most superficial adherence of texts
- They prefer to listen to scholars, and read little books full of explanations of their religious texts, rather than read their original books for themselves and come to a deep understanding.
- When they have absorbed enough text, the start slapping other people around the head with their knowledge, for every occasion they can produce an appropriate text.
- They get incredibly vain about their knowledge, and can never express themselves succinctly, but always make veeeeery looooong and booooring statements.
- ”They know better”. Better than God or whatever prophet is applicable.
They do. At the very least they are perfectly in the know about what God likes or doesn’t like in any and all situations. They keep going on about how God would not approve of railways, or how God does not approve of dating, God does not approve of women, or how God does not like dogs (both created by God to be such sweet, loyal and loving creatures, but hey, God still doesn’t like them!)
- They delight in suffering.
No, really. They get off on suffering, they will always find ways to make life miserable for themselves. For some reason they are convinced that God won’t love them if they actually enjoy living in God’s creation. They think God wants you to suffer.
- When they are safely ensconced into a thoroughly unpleasant lifestyle themselves, they start looking around them and start insisting others must suffer too!
I suppose it’s no fun to suffer yourself, and see other people having a lot of fun. And anyway they always are more severe and started suffering earlier, so they can still feel superior. But all that fun and enjoyment has to go!
- If other people are not keen on following their example, they start threatening with hell-fire. They say stuff like ”You will burn in hell” if you: date/don’t cover/work/don’t work/use birthcontrol/listen to music/dance/sport/say ”no” to your husband/have a boy/girl-friend/own a dog/read/have your own opinions/think, etc.
- People not belonging to the ”righteous” group can be made to suffer, it doesn’t matter.
- They loooove to be able to find fault in others
- They loooove to denounce non-conformists to the authorities, if they have the good fortune to live in a country where the authorities are corrupted in evil.
- They are totally obsessed with sex, in an unhealthy manner. It’s like their every second thought is about sex. They see sex everywhere, in any circumstances, any actions, meetings, whatever, everything is connected with some sexual action in their minds. If they want to hurt anybody, commenting at your sexual life/preferences/practises is a standard practise.
- They are completely blind and deaf towards anything, anything at all, which doesn’t conform to their particular view of the world. That view is severely limited, they walk around with blinders on their head, hearing nothing, seeing nothing which doesn’t accord with what they want to see.
- On the other hand, they also like to put forward an extremely biased and twisted representation of the life/country of other people, always extremely negative, and replete with deviant sexual practises.
- I suppose I don’t need to add that it is impossible, as an outsider, to discuss anything with these people, they don’t discuss, they are always right, and they denounce anything they don’t like as the devil’s work, and you as the devil’s minion and there’s the end to another discussion. No discussions. At all.
A few examples:
The evangelists who ring your doorbell carrying a bible with notched leaves so they can always slap you in the face with a bible passage. It’s incredible, there is no normal conversation possible with these people, any sentence you can utter will be countered with a passage from ”the book”
Veiling: Women veil ”because God wants you to be modestly dressed” If and to what extend a woman chooses to veil, is between her and God. In reality. But not to the witch-hunters: veiling up to the most unhealty extremes is a requirement: if you don’t submit you go to hell. To the with-hunters veiling is between other women and them! They choose to interpret modest dress not as covering from the chest to the knees, but to be covered completely in black drapes. Because this way you can ”Express yourself as an individual and not as a sexobject”
What it actually means that the world (and the child) is made very aware that any girl from about 11 years onward is a sexual object and therefore needs to be covered from the eyes of men. Thereby proclaiming insistently: Sexual object passing by!
And we all know how that works out: I’ve heard from Saudi women how they can’t even do their household shopping with toddler in one hand and a shopping bag in the other, fully veiled, and they are still harassed regularly in a manner which would get the perpetrator arrested in the ”Decadent West”
Giving ”Good Advice”: It takes some courage, to go and tell people you think they could do better on some points. It takes diplomacy and a loving heart to do so without antagonising your subject.
Witch hunters have no diplomacy and certainly no loving hearts, they give ”good advice” to show off how much better they are, how they alone know what is right, how much better they are as humans, and the usually manage to put in something to let you know how sub-human you are, and how you are on a downward elevator to hell.
Witch hunters only show concern towards their own members. They are devoid of feelings or empathy as soon as they consider somebody as a ”heretic”, or ”unbeliever”.
Anybody outside the ”righteous” is an outcast, they can be tortured, burned, whatever. This may even be desirable to ”cleanse” the community/land/planet of independent thinkers.
So I can only hope there will remain enough independent thinkers to keep some freedom of thoughts and expression going. And I hope I have made it clear that we should make sure we will not get overruled by anybody without heart soul and compassion.
Clouddragon wants you!
To keep vigil in blog-sphere!