In a few days we’re going to find out who the American People have voted for President.
Or will we?
Let’s not forget that the Republicans are trying every trick in the book to make sure voters likely to vote Obama will not get the chance to do so. Several states have taken the right to vote away from people who are struck by the current mortgage disaster, even if they still live in their homes. The voting machines, so dodgy and suspect at the last ”election”, have NOT been repaired yet.
(It’s been four years for pete’s sake!!!)
(Oh, yeah, but they did fine for the republicans last time so why repair them?)
Let’s keep in mind that there have been many votes brought out last ”election” by Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck, etc. (all staunch Bush-voters)
Or the interesting fact that in a wilderness as Alaska 200% of the voters made it to the election!!!! (all Bush-supporters) That’s dedication for you!
There have already been complaints by people who have been voting already, that when using the voting machines, while firmly pressing the Obama button, if your fingernail as much as brushes the upper, McCain button, their vote went to McCain!!!! (buttons are placed very close) Now isn’t that a coincidence?
There have also been reports of machine flipping votes the other way around.
However, I can’t believe that Super Power America can’t manage to manufacture a simple voting machine, so I think there are evil forces at work here.
What to do if you see your votes being flipped?
- Get the machine’s serial number, if possible
- Call over a poll supervisor to observe the problem
- Insist on filling out a problem report
- Refuse to vote on that machine
- Request that the machine be taken out of service and impounded for later forensic examination
- Tell all the voters waiting in line exactly which machine flipped your vote (third machine from the left, or whatever)
- Report the problem via election integrity hotlines, twitter, and the voter suppression wiki. Information on how to do that is here.
- Call the county, city, and state election offices and report the problem. Find those phone numbers here.
- Call reporters and tell them about the problem
And for the rest of us: let’s not judge the American People too harshly when the Republicans ”win” again. Although if they do, I think we, that is the rest of the planet Earth, should stand up, invade America, bringing our own impeccably working voting machines, and stage a re-election.