This really is my last politically inspired rant for now,
America was founded with the express intention of keeping state and church apart.
So what’s happening now? Why is everybody suddenly so branded on religion and the religious tenets of the candidates??? Why is harping on fundamentalist bigoted Christianity suddenly a vote-attractor for an aspiring American president?
Some highlights form the very disturbing documentary ”Jesuscamp” Where children are brainwashed indoctrinated into war and religious bigotry, and, amongst other things, made to worship a cardboard cut-out of George Bush (while condemning Harry Potter as the devil ) And I have heard there is allready a book out picturing Obama a saint from heaven. The cover: Barack Obama is portrayed in a quasi-divine posture: Outstretched hands, awash with beaming rays of light.
Sorry American readers, but there are moments when Americans freak me out!!!
Jesus camp is pure child-abuse: God, if I imagined a child of mine being mentally tortured there! It’s pure evil!
Bill Maher, a lighter view at Jesus Camp:
The modern take on Christianity, is that you have to be willing to lay down your life…. And apparently there is a cosmic battle going on between Christianity and Islam. I admit don’t read a lot of papers, but boy, it seems I really have missed out on something this time!
Damn, which camp shall I side with? Who’s winning right now?
Oh, and if somebody points a gun at my head you can bet I will proclaim myself Muslim Christian, Buddist, whatever. Hell, I’ll even promise to go to Jesuscamp next summer.
Just don’t be surprised if I don’t show up.
Bill Maher has also an amusing rant on the Bush-administration hiring 150 people in very high responsible positions. Graduating not from any of the top-universities, like Princeton or Harvard, no Messiah College, also listed as the lowest standard school by US News and World reviews.
So, while I have my doubts about Obama, they are at least doubts. He may be able to make it as a president. Who I am sure will not be able to make it, are McCain and Palin as president. (McCain would start the presidency off, and after 10 months, when he’s dead, Palin would take over)
And to highlight once more the weird selection criteria the Republicans like to implement on choosing the top high-ranking United States officials, they also don’t mind if they hold dual passports.
To another country.
Which is maybe why every candidate for the presidency has to openly claim blind trust and support to that particular country.
Key US officials who hold Israeli citizenship in addition to American citizenship.
- Attorney General – Michael Mukasey
- Head of Homeland Security – Michael Chertoff
- Chairman Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board – Richard Perle
- Deputy Defense Secretary (Former) – Paul Wolfowitz
- Under Secretary of Defense – Douglas Feith
- National Security Council Advisor – Elliott Abrams
- Vice President Dick Cheney’s Chief of Staff (Former) – “Scooter” Libby
- White House Deputy Chief of Staff – Joshua Bolten
- Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs – Marc Grossman
- Director of Policy Planning at the State Department – Richard Haass
- U.S. Trade Representative (Cabinet-level Position) – Robert Zoellick
- Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board – James Schlesinger
- UN Representative (Former) – John Bolton
- Under Secretary for Arms Control – David Wurmser
- Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board – Eliot Cohen
- Senior Advisor to the President – Steve Goldsmith
- Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary – Christopher Gersten
- Assistant Secretary of State – Lincoln Bloomfield
- Deputy Assistant to the President – Jay Lefkowitz
- White House Political Director – Ken Melman
- National Security Study Group – Edward Luttwak
- Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board – Kenneth Adelman
- Defense Intelligence Agency Analyst (Former) – Lawrence Franklin
- National Security Council Advisor – Robert Satloff
- President Export-Import Bank U.S. – Mel Sembler
- Deputy Assistant Secretary, Administration for Children and Families – Christopher Gersten
- Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development for Public Affairs – Mark Weinberger
- White House Speechwriter – David Frum
- White House Spokesman (Former) – Ari Fleischer
- Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board – Henry Kissinger
- Deputy Secretary of Commerce – Samuel Bodman
- Under Secretary of State for Management – Bonnie Cohen
- Director of Foreign Service Institute – Ruth Davis